If you're a non-resident student coming to our province, you don't need a B.C. driver's licence if:

  • you hold a valid out-of-province licence
  • you are registered as a full-time student in B.C.
  • you're attending one of the specified educational institutions in B.C., and
  • for the duration of your stay, you remain a full-time student (full-time is generally defined as 60 per cent of a full course load).

When driving, you should always carry and be able to show proof of student status (such as your B.C. s...

Continue reading ...