What country are you from?

There are different licensing requirements depending on where you’re from. B.C. has reciprocal agreements with certain countries, including the U.S. If you’re from one of the following countries and have enough driving experience, you can usually get your licence right away:

Reciprocal countries

  • Austria ​
  • Australia
  • ​France
  • ​Germany
  • Guernsey, Isle of Man 
  • Japan
  • Netherlands* ​
  • New Zealand
  • ​​South Korea (not motorcycles) 
  • Switzerland ​
  • United Kingdom** ​
  • United States*** 

*Netherlands does not include former territories in Antilles: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, St. Eustatius, and St. Maarten.

**U.K. Includes England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

***U.S. Includes Washington DC and Puerto Rico

If you're not from a country listed above, see all other countries.​